Letter from Operators Unlimited President, Ben Fields:
Do you thrive in a collaborative environment where what you say and do matters and influences the direction of the business? Do you want to help bring a refreshing approach to wastewater treatment, and help revolutionize the way people think about the industry? If so, Operators Unlimited may be the right place for you.
We are looking for our next team member to join in helping us with our mission of Transformation.
The primary Responsibility of the Accountant role is to maintain financial procedures and ensure financial compliance through preparation of OU’s reports and statements as well as:
- Ensure we respond to customers, vendors and team members with Agility
- Respond to customers and teammates with an attitude of Thankfulness
- Focus on improvements and Growth in every aspect of your position and the business
Are you an A-Player who can answer “yes” to the following?
- Do you take pride in owning projects, initiatives and outcomes?
- Do you have a growth mindset?
- Are you a change-maker? Do you thrive in cultures rooted in trust, constructive and open communication, and teamwork?
- Are you someone who constantly seeks ways to improve your environment, processes, and the experiences of other people?
We have a purpose for what we do – our mission is Transformation. We empower instead of micromanage. We strive for personal and professional growth every day. We see mistakes as golden opportunities to improve. We encourage healthy conflict and understand it is vital to make change happen. We believe that we can accomplish more as a team than we can individually, and that is powerful.
We look forward to hearing your story—thank you for your interest in the position of Accountant.
President, Operators Unlimited
About Operators Unlimited
Operators Unlimited was formed in 2001 to offer unsurpassed service to the water and wastewater industry. Located in Upstate South Carolina, Operators Unlimited has worked hard over the years to build a reputation of excellence in the wastewater community. Why?...because we believe in our mission.
Operators Unlimited exists to glorify God by helping people have a better day.
Our Mission is Transformation
At Operators Unlimited, we clean dirty water with a refreshing approach to wastewater treatment.
Transformation is why customers need us, people want to work for us, and the community continues to welcome us. By helping companies remove contaminants from water, we protect the lives of others and preserve our shared environment.
Whether we are purifying water through our products, providing exceptional customer service with our operators, or encouraging the professional development of our team and industry, we strive to transform the environment through the lives we touch.
We are determined to revolutionize the way people think about wastewater treatment. Through our actions, we seek to elevate the impersonal into relational, the replaceable into remarkable, and the transactional into transformative.
Our Core Values
Act with Agility
Agility is our superpower: we fearlessly embrace challenges and strive for efficiency without ever sacrificing quality. We push ourselves to exceed the expectations of our customers and to think quickly on our feet. Flexibility is the key to our shared success.
Own your Responsibility
Integrity benefits everyone. Make a mistake? Take ownership and work towards a solution. Foresee a problem? Lean on the team. We trust our people to do the right thing, and value accountability. Above all else, we say what we mean, and do what we say.
Growth is more than a goal – it’s a mindset. Whether we are striving to grow professionally or to cultivate our relationships, education, and interests, we know that continual learning and improvement is key to a fulfilled life.
Live with Thankfulness
Gratitude is the fuel that keeps us going each day. Our team thrives when we approach our work with humility—and a mindset to serve others before ourselves. After all, we are here because others put us first. And for that, we are thankful.
Are you ready to take part in our mission? Read more about what it takes to be part of our team!
At Operators Unlimited, we equally weigh a person’s potential values and current strengths with their direct experience, track record of success and ability to meet job requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field and/or equivalent work experience preferred
- 3 years experience in staff accounting required
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft office suite (especially Excel)
- Ability to learn new software (i.e. ERP System)
- Ability to meet deadlines as well as high sense of accountability and urgency
- Working knowledge of GAAP (General Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- High attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, and well-organized manner
- Willingness to learn as well as prove adaptability and versatility
- Must be able to lift at least 15 pounds
- Must be able to stoop, bend, and kneel to handle normal office duties
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to walk through a large facility
- Must be able to work in an environmental setting
Our ideal Accountant candidate will have the following capabilities and skills:
*No Team Member Supervisory Responsibilities
What you OWN (Responsible For)
- Accounts Payable (including but not limited to)
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Matches and enters all invoices and credits for payment into the accounting system.
- Maintains accounts payable files.
- Reviews vendor statements to ensure no past dues, resolve invoice discrepancies
- Accounts Receivable (including but not limited to)
- Process and review new customer applications; create and maintain customer files.
- Post customer payments by recording wires, checks and/or credits card transactions.
- Prepare deposits as needed.
- Document daily collection activities.
- Respond to credit inquiries.
- Monitor customer accounts for delinquency and initiate appropriate collection.
- Financial Reporting
- Cash Flows
- Month End
- Process Payroll through Payroll System (ADP)
- Other Responsibilities
- Assist CFO with monthly sales commission calculations
- Assist with managing business insurance
- Manage Bank, Credit Card, and GL Reconciliations
- Input GL Transaction
- Manage Expense Reports
- Manage Bank Transfers
- Manage Petty Cash
- Compile Bank, Loan, and Tax paperwork
- Manage Sales Tax Certificates/Exemptions (Potentially: Prepare federal, state, local, and special tax returns)
- Manage 1099 Filings
- Backup to Customer Service
What you need to SUCCEED (Core Competencies)
- Be Action Oriented: Enjoy working hard; be full of energy for the things you see as challenging, not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seize more opportunities than others.
- Have Functional/Technical Skills with Detail: Have the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment. Be thorough in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Have the ability to see and pay attention to details; the ability to recognize and organize the components parts of a procedure or object, and to verify the correctness or error in an individual part of procedures.
- Be Customer Focused: Be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; listen intently, get first-hand customer information, and use it for improvements in products and services; act with customers in mind; establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect.
- Possess Timely Decision Quality/Priorities: Make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; be able to make a quick decision; concentrate efforts on the more important priorities
- Deal with Ambiguity/Composure: Effectively cope with change; shift gears comfortably; decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; comfortably handles uncertainty. Be counted on to hold things together during tough times; handle stress well; do not be knocked off balance by the unexpected; don’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; be a settling influence in a crisis.
- Provide Conflict Management: Step up to conflicts, see them as opportunities; read situations quickly; be good at focused listening; hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
What WINNING looks like (Reviewed On)
- Living out Core values and Core competencies
- Delivering high quality detail and accuracy in financial reporting, compliance, and reconciliations
- Meeting process and reporting deadlines
- Achieving quarterly goals and weekly commitments
- Operators Unlimited reserves the right to pursue growth by adding additional responsibilities to any OU job position when needed.
- Hiring is finalized after a successful completion of a background and drug screening
Ready to get started? Let’s go!
If you are an A-player who believes you’re a right-fit for the position and our company, please send your resume to link https://operatorsunlimited.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=42