Letter from Operators Unlimited President, Ben Fields:
Do you thrive in a collaborative environment where what you say and do matters and influences the direction of the business? Do you want to help bring a refreshing approach to wastewater treatment, and help revolutionize the way people think about the industry? If so, Operators Unlimited may be the right place for you.
We are looking for our next team member to join in helping us with our mission of Transformation. Our current need is a Director of Sales who can lead the Sales functions of the OU Sales Team.
The primary Responsibility of this role includes developing success driven sales/marketing plans/strategies around the sales structure, managing the sales team/operations, forecasts, budgets, and metrics as well as increase customer satisfaction and achieve customer/revenue goals.
- Ensure customers and team members needs are addressed with Agility
- Communicate clear goals to the sales team and create a healthy, accountable coaching environment for achieving goals
- Provide communication tools for fostering caring relationships with customers
- Manage the recruiting, hiring and training of the sales team (new hires as well as continued education for present team members)
- Focus on improvements and Growth in every aspect of the position and the business
- Monitor market and competitor activity
Are you an A-Player who can answer “yes” to the following? If so, we have a seat for you.
- Do you gain energy from getting things done?
- Are you able to shift your priorities without missing a beat?
- Are you a change-maker? Do you thrive in cultures rooted in trust, constructive and open communication, and teamwork?
- Are you someone who constantly seeks ways to improve your environment, processes, and the experiences of other people? Do you have a growth mindset?
We have a purpose for what we do – our mission is to Transform. We empower instead of micromanaging. We strive for personal and professional growth every day. We see mistakes as golden opportunities to improve. We encourage healthy conflict and understand it is vital to make change happen. We believe that we can accomplish more as a team than we can individually, and that is powerful.
We look forward to hearing your story—thank you for your interest in the position of Director of Sales.
President, Operators Unlimited
About Operators Unlimited
Operators Unlimited was formed in 2001 to offer unsurpassed service to the wastewater industry. Located in Upstate South Carolina, Operators Unlimited has worked hard over the years to build a reputation of excellence in the wastewater community. Why?...because we believe in our mission.
Operators Unlimited exists to glorify God by helping people have a better day.
Our Mission is Transformation
At Operators Unlimited, we clean dirty water with a refreshing approach to wastewater treatment.
Transformation is why customers need us, people want to work for us, and the community continues to welcome us. By helping companies remove contaminants from water, we protect the lives of others and preserve our shared environment.
Whether we are purifying water through our products, providing exceptional customer service with our operators, or encouraging the professional development of our team and industry, we strive to transform the environment through the lives we touch.
We are determined to revolutionize the way people think about wastewater treatment. Through our actions, we seek to elevate the impersonal into relational, the replaceable into remarkable, and the transactional into transformative.
Our Core Values
Act with Agility
Agility is our superpower: we fearlessly embrace challenges and strive for efficiency without ever sacrificing quality. We push ourselves to exceed the expectations of our customers and to think quickly on our feet. Flexibility is the key to our shared success.
Own your Responsibility
Integrity benefits everyone. Make a mistake? Take ownership and work towards a solution. Foresee a problem? Lean on the team. We trust our people to do the right thing, and value accountability. Above all else, we say what we mean, and do what we say.
Growth is more than a goal – it’s a mindset. Whether we are striving to grow professionally or to cultivate our relationships, education, and interests, we know that continual learning and improvement is key to a fulfilled life.
Live with Thankfulness
Gratitude is the fuel that keeps us going each day. Our team thrives when we approach our work with humility—and a mindset to serve others before ourselves. After all, we are here because others put us first. And for that, we are thankful.
Are you ready to take part in our mission? Read more about what it takes to be part of our team!
At Operators Unlimited, we equally weigh a person’s potential values and current strengths with their direct experience and track record of success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration or related field is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years experience in sales or related experience
- A minimum of 10 years of managerial experience
- Industrial Wastewater Experience Required
- Outstanding communication (oral/written) and people skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Experience in setting sales goals
- Results oriented with strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and various business/sales software
- Proficient in applicable federal, state, local, and company policies and procedures
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds
- Must be able to stoop, bend, and kneel to handle normal office duties
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to walk through large facilities
- Must be able to work in environmental settings
Our ideal Director of Sales candidate will have the following capabilities and skills:
*Team Member Supervisory Responsibilities
What you OWN (Responsible For)
- Leadership, management, and accountability of our Sales Team
- Lead and schedule weekly and/or monthly team meetings with sales team and leadership
- Embody company culture and maintain high sales employee engagement
- Plan and implement a specific accountability system that ensures the responsibilities and performance standards for each member of the sales team are met, set individual territory sales and commission targets and administer the commission plan
- Responsible for managing the sales team, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and promoting the organization’s presence
- Develop sales plans and strategies
- Assist in the development of the annual sales plan, specifically advising on realistic forecasts for each product and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force and sales promotion program plans
- Analyze sales statistics to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and to monitor customers' preferences
- Organize and maintain sales operations
- Ensure correct usage of CRM and other sales applications
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximizing business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish
- Manage sales budget
- Meet pre-determined revenue goals through the activities of direct reports
- Take charge of recruiting and hiring sales staff
- Motivate the sales team to achieve goals as a coach
- Responsible for obtaining profitable results through the sales team by developing the team through motivation, counselling, skills development and product knowledge development
- Assign sales territories, set sales goals, and establish training programs for the organization’s sales representatives
- Develop sales training programs
- Monitor market and competitor activity
- Improve customer satisfaction by anticipating their needs
- Identify where improvements can be made and develop success-driven plans
- Prepare and maintain sales forecasts
- Work closely with marketing partner
- Monitor customer activity
- Track, analyze and present sales metrics to senior leadership
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales team by establishing a system of reports and communications involving sales reports and cyclical sales meetings
- Communicate and foster relationships with clients
What you need to SUCCEED (Core Competencies)
- Motivate Others: Create a climate in which people want to do their best; motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; push tasks and decisions down; empower others; invite input from each person and share ownership and visibility; make each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with
- Have Managerial Courage: Don’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provide current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; let people know where they stand; face up to people problems on any person or situation quickly and directly; don’t be afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Manage Vision and Purpose: Communicate a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talk beyond today; talk about possibilities; is optimistic; create mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; make the vision shareable by everyone; inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
- Build Effective Teams: Blend people into teams when needed; create strong morale and spirit in your team; share wins and successes; foster open dialogue; let people finish and be responsible for their work; define success in terms of the whole team; create a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Be Action Oriented: Enjoy working hard; be full of energy for the things you see as challenging, not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seize more opportunities than others.
- Have Business Acumen: Know how businesses work; be knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting Operators Unlimited; know the competition; be aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Be Customer Focused: Be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; listen intently and communicate clearly, get first-hand customer information, and use it for improvements in products and services; act with customers in mind; establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect.
- Have Strategic Ability: See ahead clearly; anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; have broad knowledge and perspective; be future oriented; articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; create breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Be able to Set Priority: Spend your time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zero in on the critical few and put the trivial many aside; quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminate roadblocks; creates focus.
- Provide Innovation Management: Create innovative ideas as well as help to bring others ideas to market; have good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; have a sense about managing the creative process of others; facilitate effective brainstorming; project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
What WINNING looks like (Reviewed On)
- Living out our Core values and core competencies
- A high level of organizational and planning skills
- Consistent company communication that promotes a strong culture of caring, trust, and integrity
- Company policies and procedures being implemented, followed, and up to date
- Ensuring day to day internal processes are being implemented, followed and up to date
- Achieving quarterly goals and weekly commitments
Ready to get started? Let’s go!
If you are an A-player who believes you’re a right-fit for the position and our company, please apply